Tuesday, August 12, 2008


I have had this on my shelf at home what seems like forever. I had heard such great things about it I wanted to save it for a reading slump. I have had such a hard time lately finding something to just take me away.. Sad to say Birdsong just didn't do it for me. A young english man falls in love with the wife of a man he has come to learn the textile business from. The book takes place from 1910 to 1918. Much of it is from the battlefields of World War I. I just never felt any feelings for either Stephen or Isabelle who leaves her husband and goes off with Stephen. Mr Faulks does a wonderful job describing the horrors of war but, I just never really grew to care about any of the characters and the book just felt a little disjointed to me. Only an average read...

No comments: