Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Heretic Queen


I fell in love with Michelle Moran when I read her first book Nefertiti. Now with The Heretic Queen I love her even more.
The Heretic Queen is the story of Nefertari, niece of the heretic queen Nefertiti. Nefertari comes to the court of Pharoah Seti I after her family is killed. She becomes great friends with Ramesses I. When he becomes co- monarch and marries Iset, Nefertari realizes she loves Ramesses and wants to marry him too. Once they marry Nefertari is afraid that the Egyptian people will never accept a heretic descendant as their ruler. This is a love story full of romance, deceit, intrigue and suspense. Nefertari's and Ramesses love for each other is a true tale and Ms Moran brings it to life in her story. I only wish the book would have gone on for another 300 pages.
I can't wait for her next novel to become available and I highly recommend The Heretic Queen to any and all historical fiction fans.

No comments: