Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Queen of Broken Hearts


I really enjoyed The Sunday Wife and The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King and was really looking forward to reading her newest Queen of Broken Hearts. I started this last night and just could never really get into or care about any of the characters in the book. I really enjoy reading books that take place in the south cause it is one of the few places I have never really been and they always sound like such wonderful places. The setting of this book is in Alabama and it's really the only interesting thing in the whole book. Clare the main character is a marriage therapist and to me she really had so many problems of her own I don't see how she could really be a help to anyone else. What I really enjoyed about the book was Clare's ex-mother inlaw who lives in her home made bird sanctuary where she cares for wounded birds. It is on a delta I think and it sounded like a truly awesome place to live. Thats all I liked about the book and I really hope her next one is better.

4 comments:

Lover of Books said...

I read the same sweet girls and loved it. So should I stay away from this one then?

Paula said...

I was so hoping to like this one but just didn't care for any of it other than the setting. Could have just been my mood at the time. Never want to steer anyone away from a book. Give it a go.

Bookfool said...

Paula,

Trust me, you don't want to live on the Delta, although there's plenty of wildlife to photograph if that floats your boat. ;)

Kelly said...

The book sounds interesting. I heard about Sunday Wife on NPR one day going home.