Saturday, February 17, 2007

reading

I read The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig this week. I must confess that I mostly skimmed it. I so wanted to like it ,but this being the third time that I have tried to read it I gave up and just sped thru it. With two more in the series am not sure I will ever read the next two. This really surprises me as I am a total historical fiction fan , but for some reason this one just did not hit the mark.
I started The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian yesterday and so far it is very good. Can't wait to get back to it tonight.

3 comments:

Lover of Books said...

I have liked them all so far. :)It's a bummer you didn't but it happens. :)

Unknown said...

I have this one at home - hope I like it!

Bookfool said...

I couldn't get into that one, either, although there were parts I enjoyed. In the end, I thought about reading on but it didn't stick with me and what I remember most is wanting to get the book over with!!